Location and Filming
Inveraray Castle, Gardens and Estate offer the perfect backdrop for filming and photography.
- Written permission must be sought in advance for filming or photography.
- Prior to any agreement, Argyll Estates must be provided with a proposed schedule (including preferred locations for filming and required areas for support units) and a copy of the film/TV company/photographer’s insurance details.
- A contract will be drawn up by Argyll Estates and signed by both parties before any filming or photography takes place.
- Film crews or photographers must be identified and will be accompanied by a member of Argyll Estates staff where required.
- The needs of visitors take priority at all times. In exceptional circumstances we may be able to close parts of the Castle, Gardens or Estate to accommodate filming or photography.
- A location fee is usually applicable.