Inveraray Castle is now closed for winter
Visitors should get guidance and help from Kiosk or Front Door staff on arrival at the Castle who will direct them, if appropriate, to park closer to the Castle.
The tour of the Castle includes 3 floors and it is not possible to avoid stairs. Therefore, we offer FREE entry to blue-badge holders and one assistant as there is limited access due to the stairs and loose gravel around the exterior.
We have 2 wheelchairs available for visitor use on request.
We welcome assistance dogs in the Castle & Gardens, and also on the Estate.
Please view our full Accessibility Guide below and contact the Estate Office on 01499 302203 if you have any further questions.
Adjust Inveraray-Castle.com so that it works for you
- Adjust the language using the dropdown in the menu at the page top.
- Adjust the size of the website text in the same menu.
- Navigate most of the website using just your keyboard.
Known accessibility issues with Inveraray-Castle.com
- Images do not currently have alt-text descriptions for screen readers.
- PDF documents are not yet transcribed into HTML text on the webpage.
- The colour contrast cannot be altered using means on the website itself.
- Dropdown areas of the website are not currently accessible via the keyboard.
- Our booking portal is not yet accessible via the keyboard, although booking over the phone is available to those who need it.